'Knitting Fog..!' Early morning mist in fields surrounding our village

Sunday 4 April 2010

Photographs and Interfering Cats!

Why is it that cats think they have to supervise everything we humans do, don't they think we are competant, or are they just grabbing the lime-light?  When I photographed my Fishtail and Chalice Lace Socks, Jet had to get into the act, and decided my legs made a good cat basket.

Fishtail Lace Socks and Jet in his 'cat basket.'

When I took a pic of Jim's Triple Rib socks tonight, Rappy had to stick his nose in, right in the camera lens, but they are both so cute I let their pics stay!
Rappy the lens hugger!

Yesterday whilst in town for the Saturday market, I paid a visit to a local dress shop that was closing down that day, and moving stock to smaller premises.  I had asked several months back if the owner would be willing to sell me one of her window dummies, so I brought one home.  Jet and Rappy came into the room after I had set it up, ready to take photo's of some sweaters.  They were both extremely wary, creeping up on it in a low, belly to the floor stalking fashion.  They were both very suspicious of this strange, headless, one-legged, three toe'd creature, and they were not convinced when I told them it was 'armless...!

'Inishmaan' Sweater
An Alice Starmore pattern

The cardigan on the left is a flared lacy pattern  that I knitted several years ago, the centre pic is of a sweater I knitted sideways from cuff to cuff, using up all my odd balls of DK and numerous pattern stitches from the Harmony Guide to Knitting stitches.  The boat neck sweater on the right is one of my favourites, the pattern came from a magazine and unfortunately I have lost it, it has double eyelet rib on welt, cuffs and neckline.


This top from a Wendy pattern was worked in Velvet Flake on large needles, it has a zipper part way down from the collar, even though it is a loose knit and is Acrylic it is extremely warm and cosy, even on the coldest, windiest day.




Chalice Lace Socks, I love this pattern, knitted in Claudia's hand dyed yarn, 'Seashell'

Last but not least, my Fishtail Lace socks knitted in Lorna's Laces yarn, 'Seaside' - the yarn was a gift from a friend and the dyelots were different, which went unnoticed until I started knitting, but I love them anyway, the yarn has a natural striping tendency as can be seen from the toes, but the Fishtail Lace pattern gives it a nice textured and speckled effect I think.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...