One of the sweaters pictured in my last blog is the dusty pink boat neck, it's my favourite and was knitted from a pattern in a magazine some years ago. I have since lost or mislaid the pattern so decided to try to recreate it. I spent the weekend counting rows and stitches, decreases and increases, it is a fitted design. The number of stitches to cast on was easy to work out because the welt, cuffs and neckline are worked in a Double Eyelet rib that is a multiple of 7 + 2 stitches.
Now I've got the pattern roughly worked out I've made a start with some left over acrylic Bergere Barisienne yarn from another project, and some Peter Pan Darling Fleck No. 390 (Lemon), a lovely soft chenille, I only have 250gr of the latter but have sent for more via the Internet.
So far, so good. If it works out I intend to knit a third sweater in a nice soft Merino, haven't decided what colour yet.
It would be a case of Murphy's Law now if I suddenly find my lost pattern somewhere, though I have searched everywhere, including the attic!