'Knitting Fog..!' Early morning mist in fields surrounding our village

Thursday 29 October 2009

More Mock Cable Socks



Jim liked his first pair of Mock Cable Socks so much I decided to knit a second pair with the Araucania Ranco Multy in shades of brown. The first pair were a wee bit too big, though that hasn't been a problem. They keep his feet toastie warm and Jim finds them very comfortable.


So with a couple of changes, i.e. a few less stitches and rows on the foot width and length, and a change of needle size for the leg, he now has a pair that fit perfectly.


I really like the toe-up patterns, and this time I used Judy's magic cast on which I think gives a much nicer smoother toe line.


I used the sl1, k1 heel and the Russan bind off to finish the leg.


The cable pattern can be confusing if you are not paying attention, or feeling tired. The first three cross to the right and the second three to the left. Several times I lost concentration and went right when I should have gone left, then had to get my crochet hook to work on the offending cable, easier than having to frog a couple of rounds!


I always use my Addi Circulars for socks now, I think they are the best circulars ever.



























No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...